Welcome to the October edition of Business Trafford’s 'First for Business' newsletter brought to you by Trafford Council.
The Council’s Strategic Growth Team is here to act as a single point of contact for businesses in the borough. Whether it’s through identifying potential funding opportunities, searching for sites or premises, guiding you through business support provision, or supporting new and expanding companies, the team is ready to help and advise you.
- Latest News Items
- Access to Funding, Support and Advice:
- Upcoming Events:
Latest News Items
- Stretford Masterplan - Have YOUR SAY on this once in a generation opportunity. In early October, Trafford Council agreed to move ahead with ambitious and exciting plans to revitalise Stretford, and to start a consultation (and a conversation) with everyone over the ‘Refreshed Masterplan’ for Stretford. Please access the following link for all the information and a chance to provide feedback on the proposals - www.trafford.gov.uk/stretfordmasterplan
- Sale – A Fantastic Town Centre. Proposals and ideas relating to the future improvements of Sale town centre can now be viewed online here.
- The Trafford Pledge: Businesses can access a network of recruitment support and additional benefits by signing up to the Pledge. By signing the Trafford Pledge, local businesses are committing to offering employment support to local people. To learn more about the Trafford Pledge, please click here
- Trafford Park Metrolink Extension will be under construction for the next two years, with significant changes to highways and public transport in and around Trafford Park – Please see the major highway changes list here
- If you have any questions or queries regarding the above, or feel you or your business would benefit from a meeting or information event, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the TfGM team at MetrolinkTPL@tfgm.com or call on 0161 244 1555 (lines open during office hours).
- Strong take up for Town Centre Business Loans reported since the launch! – see info below.
- Does staff absence due to sickness and ill health affect your business productivity? Would you like to reduce the number of days lost to staff sickness?
- Greater Manchester partners including the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) and the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care partnership are designing a new early intervention service aimed at small and medium sized businesses. The service will be for people with mental and physical health conditions, who are at risk of falling out of employment, or are newly unemployed. They want to involve businesses, particularly small and medium sized employers, in the design of this service – Please help by completing the survey here.
Access to Funding, Support and Advice:
- Trafford Business Loan Fund – Trafford Council is able to offer assistance to an array of businesses, with financial support ranging from £500 to as much as £500,000. The fund is available to start-up’s, established businesses hoping to expand and to exporters. This fund is available in partnership with Business Finance Solutions: http://www.investintrafford.com/BusinessSupport/Loan-Schemes.aspx
- Trafford Council launches new loan package to assist town centre businesses - Thinking of setting up your own business in Trafford or need to access some extra cash for expansion, training or marketing? Trafford Council’s new, innovative and interest free Town Centres Business Growth Programme is here to help! Please access the following link for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Sustainable travel grants as well as practical support for businesses are available through TfGM’s Travel Choices programme – Access the following linkfor more information.
- Trafford Pledge Employer Grants available: If you are taking on a NEET employee you may be able to receive grant! http://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/news/articles/2017/2017-03-31-trafford-businesses-to-benefit-from-new-employer-grant-scheme.aspx
- Free sales, marketing and general business advice available. Trafford’s Business Advisor, Tony Ward is available to help develop your business, please contact Tony on the following Email address: Tony.Ward@businessgrowthhub.com
- ‘Altrincham Chamber - 2017 BUSINESS AWARDS - Hosted by Darren Proctor. 19th October, Cresta Court Hotel, Altrincham WA14 4DP 6.45am to 12.00 pm. For information please visit www.altrinchamchamber.co.uk/events or contact email@example.com
- Trafford Apprenticeship Fair - 24th October 2017: - Last few places available. - We would like to invite you to host a stand at this event in order to showcase any Apprenticeship opportunities that you have available either immediately or in 2018. The event is aimed at YR11 – YR13 students and will take place on Tuesday 24th October, 2:00pm - 7:00pm at Trafford College, Altrincham Campus, Manchester Road, West Timperley, Altrincham, WA14 5PQ. For more information and to register follow this link.
- What a way to make a living: Creating better jobs for Greater Manchester. Wednesday October 25, 2.30-4pm, UKFast, Manchester. - At this Resolution Foundation event, hosted by cloud technology company UKFast, the Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham will set out how he wants to develop a new good employer charter for Greater Manchester. Please see this link for more information and how to attend.
- The Business Growth Hub and Matchbox associates have a spectacular selection of events planned in October covering everything from; Business Strategy and sustainability to Essential Email Marketing and Pitching/Sales. For more information please visit the Growth Hub.
- Trafford Responsible Employer Event: Are you a responsible employer? Would you like to know what information and services are available to support you in recruiting, retaining and training staff? Trafford Council and partners are hosting a Responsible employer workshop to showcase what help and services are available to support employers. At the event you will have the opportunity to; Find out more about opportunities to enhance your workforce. Learn about free training to upskill your staff and apprenticeship opportunities. Take part in consultation on skills priorities in Greater Manchester, Hear best practice examples from other local businesses, Meet exhibitors showcasing the support they offer and Network with like-minded local employers. - This free event will take place on Thursday 23rd November at Chill Factore between 10.00am-14.00pm. A buffet lunch will be provided. If you are interested in attending the event, please register your interest here. Please note places are limited to one per business and for Trafford businesses only.
- DIT (Department for International Trade) have a number of exporting based workshops coming up, please access the event time table here for more details.
- Big Ideas Generators and The Business & Intellectual Property Centre in Manchester Central Library can help you start, run and grow your business. From that first spark of inspiration to successfully launching and developing a business, you’ll find the tools, support and advice you need, plus FREE high quality events and advice sessions in Manchester City Centre and across all boroughs in Greater Manchester. Please use this link for more - http://www.askaboutbusiness.org/
Contact Business Trafford for more information:
For further information about the support available to businesses, visit www.investintrafford.com, or follow us on Twitter @TraffordBiz. You can contact the team by telephoning 0161 912 4176 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next edition material
To include your November free business events, news or offers in the next Business Trafford Newsletter, please email us a headline and a web link by 31st October.