We are committed to supporting our local employers to ensure that they can make the best decisions for their business and employees.
Trafford Council's Strategic Growth Team would like to discuss your business situation and make sure you can access a programme of support for your business and your employees to get the best possible outcome.
Please email email@example.com or call on 0161 912 4176 and we can help you get the right support for your business.
The Business Growth Hub
The Business Growth Hub provides fully funded support to businesses. They have access to a broad range of programmes targeted at helping Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) with the challenges they face, including redundancy, which can be accessed via the Business Growth Hub website by contacting the Trafford Account Manager Tony Ward on Tony.Ward@growthco.uk or by phone 07714 767 412
Job Centre Plus (JCP) Employee Seminar
The JCP offer a 45 minute Redundancy Seminar to employees at risk of redundancy, which can be delivered face-to-face or virtually, this includes:
- An overview of the Jobcentre Plus (JCP) / Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) Reasons to claim out of work benefits
- What to claim – New Style Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit. Signposting to the Benefits Calculators page on the Gov.uk website.
- How to claim – Explanation of the initial on-line claims process and what to expect from the first and subsequent face to face interviews at the Jobcentre. The conditions contained within the Claimant Commitment contract.
- Job search tips and current vacancies – Including how to use Find a Job and social media
- The importance of preparing for the job market – Job search, CV, application / interview processes.
- An introduction to the National Careers Service.
- Government Funded training –Starting point is the National Careers Service.
- Question and answer session.
Please email RRS.GMCC@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK for further information and to arrange a seminar for your business.
From redundancy to furlough support, finance and cash flow to recruitment, Employ GM offers a range of support for employers across Greater Manchester to help you reshape and bounce back from the impact of Covid-19. The Employ GM partners include:
National Careers Service
National Careers Service (NCS) can provide one to one careers sessions for any staff and will be booking people in for appointments which can either be held in your premises or at a suitable alternative location. They can support with job applications, CV writing, interview preparation and career planning.
For more information on the support NCS can offer your business please call 0800 100 900 to speak to an advisor.
Skills Support for the Workforce
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) will help you to upskill your staff through bespoke support and training. Our flexible approach to delivery will enable you to enhance staff productivity, increase morale and improve staff retention.
We have a wide range of accredited and non-accredited programmes to choose from at various levels, such as such as Construction, Advanced Manufacturing, Retail, Business & Professional Services, Creative & Digital, Health & Social Care, Hospitality, Logistics, Low Carbon & Environment Goods and Services And best of all, some of our programmes only take a day or two to complete - meaning minimal impact on your business. Sectors covered include:
What we offer
- Coaching support to develop both vocational and soft skills
- Support in developing skills in literacy and numeracy
- Specialist support for businesses going through restructures and where staff are at risk of redundancy. This includes employability skills to help individuals find alternative employment.
If you would like more information about SSW or would like to check what courses are available please contact WorkforceGM@gcskills-support.uk or 0161 240 4544.
GC Skills – Commercial Training & Qualifications to support with restructuring to enhance CV’s and skills set in line with redundancy.
Greater Manchester Levy Matchmaking Service
Apprenticeship Levy Match Transfer to support businesses to continue to recruit and upskill apprentices in line with restructuring plans.
For more information or to submit an enquiry please call 0161 233 2656, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit The Levy Match Finder website
Trafford College want to give your business the competitive edge, with a tailored business solution from our specialist service.
Our specialist training service works in partnership with businesses to offer bespoke training packages, apprenticeship programmes, and recruitment schemes to provide employers with a more motivated and dedicated workforce.
As one of the leading training provider in the North West and with National Skills Status in two industry sectors (financial services and hospitality), you can be assured our industry professionals will provide your staff with world class skills to help you get the most out of your business.
The support available includes Apprenticeships, Mentoring Programmes, Professional Development and Business Training packages. To find out more call Trafford College on 0161 886 7461, email email@example.com or visit Trafford College website for more information.